Dave Hoshour Biography:
Dave believes that plans benefit greatly by the trustees/sponsors working with a proactive advisor that is current on retirement plan issues and regulation and who believes strongly in the value of sound, time-efficient processes, a customized investment policy statement with monitoring and careful documentation and regular education for both sponsors and participants.
As a fiduciary, Dave believes strongly in sponsor and participant education. Most business owners and senior executives have not had the pleasure of working with an ethical investment advisor that really understands qualified retirement plans and keeps their plan(s) constantly improving, with insightful regular reviews and benchmarking for reasonable plan costs and performance.
Most employees are not on track for retirement readiness, which they may realize but are not addressing with the benefit of understandable education that increases participation rates, contribution levels and participant satisfaction.
Customized, Unbundled Approach:
Dave also believes in the value of a completely transparent unbundled approach free of hidden fees and surrender schedules. This open architecture platform brings together the best funds from many fund families and best-of-breed record-keepers, custodians and third-party administrators. Low-cost index funds and lifestyle funds or fixed-allocation models are usually included as Dave customizes his approach to the company’s specific needs and demographics.
- B.S. in Business Administration with honors from San Jose State University in San Jose, California (1979)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) with honors from Winthrop University in Rock Hill, South Carolina (1996).
- Master of Arts in Christian Apologetics with honors from Southern Evangelical Seminary, Matthews, North Carolina (2009)
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary Designation (2013)
- Continuing education in investments and the investment advisory industry
- President, Cornerstone Investment Services – 1/95 – present
- Financial Consultant, partner in the Poplin Group, responsible for fee-based accounts – Prudential Securities 1/93 – 1/95
- Financial Consultant, coordinator, fee-based business – Prudential Securities 10/88 – 5/91
- Financial Consultant – Merrill Lynch Pierce Fenner & Smith 10/84 – 10/88
Charitable Activities & Personal:
- Very active in leadership in a large local congregation.
- Support for organizations providing relief for disasters, fighting AIDS, human trafficking, severe poverty and fighting disease due to lack of clean water, sanitation and hygiene
- Dave and his wife of many years, have four adult children and ten grandchildren
- All of Dave’s degrees were earned while working and helping to raise children
- Dave and his wife are movie buffs, readers, educators and travelers
Contact Dave Hoshour Today!